PEACEFUL PARENTING / THOUGHTFUL PARENTING / PARENTING WITH PURPOSE
- Throw out “how you were raised”, and try and build a parental strategy from the ground up.
- Different times
- Lots of things we take for granted are not based on objective reality, but emotional convenience
- What kind of relationship do I eventually want with my kids?
- Mutual Respect
- Accepting each other’s humanity
- Good Friends
- Based on Fear or on Reason?
- What kinds of skills do my kids need to make it in the real world?
- Critical Thinking
- Questioning Everything (especially established norms)
- Determining what is objective reality
- Reasoned logic
- Self-Aware of own biases
- Always Learning
- How you see the State is often a reflection of how you view parenting, and vice versa?
- Previous Parenting Philosophy
- Current Parenting Philosophy: Consultant / Guide
- Moral Hypocrisy of Churches, military, & the State
- Living a life consistent with Principles
- Reliving Past Childhood Trauma
- Self-Aware of my own selfishness
- Shower with Jack
- Drill Sergeant vs. Hippie
- Third-way: Consultant / Guide
- Logical Knowledge
- Computer Analogy
- Hardware (Developing)
- Software (Self-Aware AI)
- Artificial vs. Natural Consequences
- Self-Discipline (internal) vs. Obedience (external)
- Parental Strategy
- Early ages, much more physical restrictions
- As Hardware develops, allow more freedom in software
- “Do as I say, not as I do” – Parental Moral Hypocrisy
- Spanking as a Tool
- Pluses and Minuses
- Christmas Gifts
- Different Podcast?
- Going backwards with end objective in mind
- Facebook Groups