– Imagine one of your sons taking over your hotel empire / business.
– 40 years later and he’s in his late 60s. The empire your son built is worth billions from the millions you first built.
– You would be proud if you were still alive. Your grandchildren are all proud to be executives in the empire you started.
– Your son created tens of thousands of jobs, numerous high level and high paying management positions, paid millions in taxes, billions to vendors, charities, lived a lavish life style, owned hundreds of hotels, started hundreds of other businesses, succeeded at most, and learned from his mistakes.
– All of this while developing one of the most famous brands on Earth.
Your son decides to run for political office and now will probably be President.
This is what they say about your son:
“I don’t like him because he’s an idiot. Just because someone is billionaire doesn’t mean they’re smart. It’s easier to become a richer man when you start from wealth already with all the advantages it brings. Wealth itself is not an indication of intelligence. Justin Bieber has millions of dollars to his name. Would you call him particularly intelligent?”
“He declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy four times during those years. He’s lost more money than he’s made. He’s had more consistent financial success being the star of a reality show than he’s had actually running a business.”
“If he’d just conservatively invested his money when he inherited it he’d be worth more than he is now.”